It’s MLB Opening Day, my favorite day of the year! For the first time in several years, I have high hopes for my Phillies to do some winning. I trust the prospects.
Without wasting much time about how nostalgic I am about today, here are some predictions on individual awards and statistical champions:
- NL MVP- Bryce Harper
- AL MVP- Mookie Betts
- AL Cy Young- Justin Verlander
- NL Cy Young- Stephen Strasburg
- NL Rookie of the Year- JP Crawford
- AL Rookie of the Year- Gleyber Torres
- AL Manager of the Year- Terry Francona
- NL Manager of the Year- Joe Maddon
- NL Home Run Champion- Bryce Harper 43
- AL Home Run Champion- Aaron Judge 45
- AL Batting Champion- Mookie Betts .340
- NL Batting Champion- Charlie Blackmon .347
- NL RBI Champion- Bryce Harper 125
- AL RBI Champion- Aaron Judge 131
- AL Wins Leader- Corey Kluber 20
- NL Wins Leader- Stephen Strasburg 21
- NL ERA Leader- Clayton Kershaw 2.27
- AL ERA Leader- Justin Verlander 2.67
- AL Innings Leader- Justin Verlander 218
- NL Innings Leader- Max Scherzer 214
With the individual picks in, the big stuff- who’s going to win this year? I’ll work backwards:
- World Series- Cubs over the Astros in 6.
- NLCS- Cubs over the Dodgers in 7.
- ALCS- Astros over the Indians in 7.
- NLDS- Cubs over the Rockies in 4. Dodgers over the Nationals in 5.
- ALDS- Astros over the Yankees in 4. Indians over the Red Sox in 5.
- NL Wild Card- Rockies over the Brewers.
- AL Wild Card- Yankees over the Twins.
- Washington Nationals
- Philadelphia Phillies
- New York Mets
- Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins
- Chicago Cubs
- Milwaukee Brewers
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- Cincinnati Reds
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Colorado Rockies
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- San Francisco Giants
- San Diego Padres
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Baltimore Orioles
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Cleveland Indians
- Minnesota Twins
- Chicago White Sox
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Houston Astros
- Seattle Mariners
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Oakland Athletics
- Texas Rangers