We’re six hours from polls closing here in North Carolina, not that I’m counting or anything. Here’s what we know/are hearing…
- At 7:33am in my home precinct of Palmer Middle-1, Northampton County, PA, turnout was already 54. That’s a swing voting district, in a swing township, of a swing Congressional District, in a swing state. That’s also 33 minutes in.
- The Department of Justice has election monitors in PA-7.
- Phone bankers in Florida’s 26th Congressional District are finding “90% of voters on our list say they voted.”
- Rain has stopped here in the Charlotte area, but it’s still cloudy.
- A person was killed back home in Northampton County after voting. They were hit by a car after voting.
- “Inactive voter” status is an issue around Charlotte.
- Somerset County, NJ reports record vote-by-mail ballots requested and returned, with Democrats enjoying a 2,000 person registration advantage.
- 36 million voted early.