Super Bowl thoughts as we go.
- Gladys Knight’s national anthem was outstanding. A bit long, but her voice was worth it.
- I’ve spent the past two weeks mistakenly believing the last Patriots-Rams Super Bowl was the Aerosmith, Britney, Nelly, and N’ Sync one. I was wrong, U2 played that one. U2 is awesome, but that wasn’t as epic.
- Tom Brady’s first pass was picked off. The Rams will regret not making that hurt, I bet.
- The commercials are awful so far, as of 6:49.
- Patriots miss a field goal with 5:35 left in the first. That. Never. Happens.
- The referees actually didn’t know what they wanted to call after throwing a flag. Oh boy…
- Olay leads the commercial race, for me, so far.
- The Rams didn’t convert on a short field. Again. Then the Patriots punt. This is bad so far.
- Update- Game of Thrones/Bud Light now leads the commercial war.
- 10:29 in the second, finally points. Patriots 3-0. This game is pretty awful. Maybe New Orleans won by having a street party today.
- Dear T-Mobile- I don’t want to text with Kristi, let alone go for sushi.
- The refs are wishing for a punt return because this game is garbage.
- Mint Mobile has better stats than Jared Goff.
- Julian Edelman is the MVP so far. Somebody has to win.
- Stella Artois to the lead. Even the most interesting man in the world agrees.
- Jared Goff- Lol. If they win 6-3, we’re going to hear about their genius young coach and the torch passing. But just note, at half time, both are on the milk carton, MIA.
- Maroon 5… I like them, and especially the old stuff. But Adam Levine seems really casual. But I’m feeling it.
- Kanye should have come out to fight Travis Scott. That would have been amazing.
- These lanterns floating are freaking me out.
- Give Big Boi the Lombardi trophy. For real.
- I give that an A-.
- Jared Goff still sucks after halftime.
- My elder dog loves the commercials with animals in them.
- Jared Goff is lost. Really lost.
- Tie game with 2:11 to go in the third. Jared Goff still stinks.
- Well… three quarters down. 3-3. Worst Super Bowl ever.
- Thanks to Todd Gurley for showing up. Should Wade Phillips be the one we’re calling a genius tonight?
- Welp, here comes the refs to help LA… and then New England. Put the flags away.
- Andy Warhol? @BurgerKing?!?
- They’re chanting for Brady. In Atlanta. There truly aren’t any Rams fans.
- Touchdown Patriots. Gronk coming up big.
- Goff with a huge mistake. Shock.
- Are the Pats trying to lose? How do you hold? Really?
- Gostkowski for the icer… good. Brady’s got six.
- Goff and McVay aren’t the future. They didn’t belong in the Super Bowl. They got here because of an awful call. I’m glad they lost.
Thank god this garbage game is over. Nick Foles forever.